The BX24-AHT is a home automation project designed by Dave Houston that utilises a NetMedia BasicX-24 microcontroller, one of several RF receivers or an IR receiver, and the CM12 powerline interface. It receives and decodes RF (or IR) signals sent by X-10 RF remotes, switches, motion detectors, etc. and pass them on to the powerline.
Unlike standard X-10 transceivers (eg. TM13, RR501), the BX24-AHT can handle all 16 house codes and can also receive and decode the RF from X-10 security devices and Stanley garage door sensors. It can be configured to exclude certain house codes and to ignore or change the codes for certain house/unit codes or security RF codes. It includes user programmable schedules, macros, and user defined parameters for other ADC or Digital input devices.
A Windows PC is required for configuration. After configuring, the BX24-AHT can run standalone, under PC control, connected to a modem for remote control with any terminal program, or connected to an IP Commander web interface. The latter allows two-way communication with the BX24-AHT from the internet or from a local network. In environments where RF is undesirable, the RF receiver can be replaced by an IR receiver. An X-10 HR10E Palmpad can be modified to send IR.
Only the Printed Circuit Board is supplied for self sourcing of componets. Currently, 418MHz and 433MHz radio frequencies are available for the RF module. Please note that a BasicX-24, case, aerial (antenna) and power supply are also required to form a functional unit.
- 4 RS-232 ports
- 1 RS-485 port (optional)
- Supports more than a dozen RF receivers
- Can be controlled by infrared (eg. By a Philips Pronto or Compaq iPAQ)
- Digital readout of received RF signal strength (with most receivers)
- Battery-backed Real Time Clock (uses the battery backed CM12 RTC)
- Supports Motorola MPX4115A sensor for barometric pressure (optional)
- Supports NetMedia LCD+ (write to LCD, read ADC/Digital, set relays)
- Supports CM12
- Supports Ocelot/Leopard (send only)
- Supports IP Commander web/LAN interface
- Supports Fire-Stick II (convert RF to IR, send IR)
- Send ASCII to any 9600 8N1 serial device
- Housecode(s) selection
- Redirection of RF commands
- Scheduled X-10 commands
- X-10 Macros
- Irman emulation
- Watchdog timer
NOTE: Future expansions are not guaranteed and may change as conditions warrant.
- RF transmitter designs for 10-bit user ADC and digital inputs
- RS-485 nodes for RF inputs, ADC and digital inputs, distributed IR inputs/outputs
- One-way (send only) support for PL513/TW523/TW7223
- Two-way support for multiple Ocelots/Leopards
- Two-way support for multiple CM12s
- Two-way support for Iriave Electronics PLI
- Support for Honeywell HIH3605 Relative Humidity Sensor
- Support for Dallas DS1921 Thermochron
- Support for other Dallas 1-wire devices
- Support for HelloDevice HD1300 & HD1320 Ethernet-Serial gateways
- Two-way wireless link with Graphics touchscreens
- Two-way wireless link with PDA
Documentation (Adobe PDF format) and Downloads
This product is CE approved for use in the EU.