- AV distribution over CAT5 cable with no apprecible loss of signal quality
- SCART Control
- S-Video Mixdown
- IR Pass-Through
- AVTX/RX Switchable Termination
- Small, discrete modular system
- Compatible with KAT5 MK1 units (AV only)
- Cost effective solution for whole-house AV distribution
- Package includes KAT5 AV TX, KAT5 AV RX, 2 x 12V DC PSU, IR receiver module and IR emitter with visual indicator
The KAT5 AVSET (MK2) comes with a KAT5 AV TX and a KAT5 AV RX unit that connects the AV output of an item of consumer electronics to another via electronically balanced signals. eg. Sky receiver, video recorder, DVD player, etc. This allows high quality audio and video signals to be distributed over low-cost cabling. The quality of the display on the receiving display is that same as would be obtained if the source device were located near the display, with no apprecible degradation of signal quality.
The KAT5 AVSET can be used for the following signal types:
- S-Video plus Stereo Audio
- 2 Composite Video Signals plus 2 Mono Audio signals
- Composite Video plus SPDIF Digital Audio plus Stereo Audio
The KAT5 AVSET allows infrared control signals to be relayed to the source equipment and also extends the SCART switching signals to the receiving display.
KAT5 AV TX/RX Internal View
Documentation and Useful Links
This product is CE approved for use in the EU.