The C-Bus Computer Network Interface (CNI) is a C-Bus system device designed to provide an isolated communications path between an Ethernet 10Base-T Network and a C-Bus Network. This allows high-speed control and monitoring of a C-Bus installation via the TCP/IP protocols used in computer networks and by the Internet.
The CNI is a nearly instantaneous connection to a C-Bus network. It provides a gateway between high-speed, high bandwidth Ethernet communication and the robust, timetested Clipsal C-Bus Automation System. System integrators and installers can program a C-Bus network remotely without the need for transporting a PC to the local C-Bus network and connecting via the serial port.
With the CNI, the network can be as close as the nearest Ethernet connection.
In addition to programming, the CNI provides similar convenience for third party applications to issue commands to a C-Bus network and monitor the behavior of units on the network. The C-Bus Network Interface is assigned an IP address, just like a PC on a computer network. Once an IP address is assigned it is possible for a myriad of applications, applets and third party systems to send C-Bus commands to the C-bus network - all remotely, across buildings or across the country.
In addition to all these features, the CNI is a native C-Bus device that utilises the C-Bus protocol. The CNI can provide a system clock to synchronise all units on the network. The CNI can also ensure reliable communications on the network via the software selectable burden. The CNI does everything the C-Bus PC Interface does and more.
Requires a suitable 12V PSU.
- Connects directly to the C-Bus network via the C-Bus Category 5 data cable
- Provides an isolated communications path between an Ethernet 10Base-T Network and a C-Bus Network
- DIN rail mounted measuring 4M wide
- Can be used to program C-Bus Units
- Capable of issuing commands to a C-Bus Network, including scheduled activities
- Capable of monitoring and data logging of activities on a C-Bus Network
- Capable of generating a C-Bus system clock for communications data
- Capable of providing a software selectable Network Burden
- Ethernet LED indicator shows the status of the Ethernet side of the Network Interface
- C-Bus LED indicator shows the status of the C-Bus side of the Network Interface. Installation on to a C-Bus Network requires connection to the unshielded twisted pair C-Bus Network Cable
- Incorporates a C-Bus PC Interface Module for communications to the C-Bus Network. Programming of the C-Bus side can be done in the same manner as programming a standard PC Interface
- Must be supplied with power at the 9 -12V ac/dc terminal for programming of either the C-Bus or Ethernet sides of the unit
- When connected to an Ethernet Network the CNI may be configured with standard TCP/IP commands
- C-Bus Side connection via RJ45 Connectors (2 off)
- Ethernet Side connection via RJ45 Connector
- Dimensions: H=85mm, W=72mm, D=65mm
- Weight: 130g