The DIN rail mounted C-Bus PC Interface (or C-Bus PCI) is a C-Bus system device designed to provide a gateway between a PC and a C-Bus Network. Through the C-Bus PC interface, C-Bus Units can be programmed, commands can be issued to the C-Bus Network and activity on the C-Bus Network can be monitored. The C-Bus PC Interface uses a standard USB port connection and allows an external device with USB output to be interfaced to a C-Bus system.
Clipsal Integrated Systems offers a PCI Development Kit (5000DK) which enables third party developers to integrate their systems with C-Bus. The PC Interface can be programmed to generate the C-Bus system clock for communications data synchronisation on the C-Bus Network and also provides a software selectable Network Burden.
Installation of the C-Bus PC Interface on the C-Bus Network requires connection to the Category 5 unshielded twisted pair C-Bus Network Cable. The connection to a personal computer is via the USB connector. The unit incorporates C-Bus and Unit/Communications LED indicators. These LED's indicate if the unit is powered and functional, if sufficient C-Bus Network voltage is available, if a valid C-Bus clock signal is present and if data transfer is currently taking place.
Like all the other units that make up a C-Bus system, the DIN rail C-Bus PC Interface is Australian designed, developed and manufactured by Clipsal Integrated Systems Pty Ltd.
- Provides a gateway between a PC and a C-Bus Network.
- Provides a USB interface into a C-Bus Network for control and monitoring via a 3rd party device. Contact Clipsal Integrated Systems for more information.
- DIN Rail mounted.
- 4 DIN modules wide.
- Requires connection to a C-Bus Network via an unshielded twisted pair C-Bus Network Cable.
- 2 x RJ45 sockets provided for C-Bus connections.
- Connection to a personal computer via a USB connector.
- Capable of generating a C-Bus system clock for communications data synchronization.
- Provides a software selectable Network Burden.
- Consumes 32mA from the C-Bus Network.
- Incorporates a Unit/Communications LED Indicator.
- Incorporates a C-Bus LED Indicator.
- Dimensions: H=85mm, W=72mm, D=65mm
- Weight 104g.