The C-Bus Power Supply Unit supplies C-Bus power to passive C-Bus units such as Key Inputs and Occupancy Sensors. For ease of installation the units are DIN rail mounted measuring 4 DIN modules wide. Capable of supplying the power needs of up to 18 standard passive C-Bus units, the Power Supply can source up to 350mA to the C-Bus network.
The unit is fully compatible with the C-Bus Professional Series of high power architectural dimmers and also complements the non-powered range of DIN Rail Relays and Dimmers. The power supply is a switched mode type specifically designed to operate with the C-Bus system. The advantages of the switched mode design include its smaller volume, higher efficiencies and low power dissipation.
Designed to operate in parallel with other C-Bus Power Supply units, up to 5 DIN Rail Power Supplies may be connected to a single C-Bus Network. Under these circumstances each power supply unit shares the load equally. To enhance maximum efficiency, the Power Supplies should be distributed across C-Bus Network.
The unit also features two status indicators, a C-Bus Network Indicator and a Mains Voltage Indicator. The C-Bus Network Indicator reports on the state of the C-Bus voltage level and the presence or otherwise of a system clock. The Mains Voltage Indicator reports on the presence of a mains voltage to the unit.
The unit incorporates short circuit and reverse polarity protection and the line voltage is galvonically isolated from the output.
- Designed to operate at a nominal voltage of 120VAC/240V AC and a wide frequency range from 47Hz to 63Hz
- Automatically compensates for line voltage and frequency variations to ensure the output remains constant
- Nominal output of the units is 36V DC and can source up to 350mA to the C-Bus Network
- Incorporates short circuit and reverse polarity protection
- Line Voltage is galvonically isolated from the output
- The power supply is a switched mode type, specifically designed to operate with the C-Bus system
- Low DC impedance of approximately 20 ohms and a high AC impedance, which is a requirement for the C-Bus Network as the data is superimposed on the DC voltage
- Up to 5 DIN Rail C-Bus Power Supplies may be connected to a single C-Bus Network
- Output voltage varies from 39V DC to 32V DC as the unit is loaded
- A maximum of 18 standard C-Bus units (each sinking 18mA) are supported by one unit
- Units feature 2 x RJ45 connections to the C-Bus Network and a 300mm mains rated patch lead is supplied
- Incorporates a C-Bus Network Indicator and a Mains Voltage Indicator
- Incorporates thermal and overload protection
- DIN mounted measuring 4M wide
- Designed to meet Australian and European standards for EMC Compliance and Safety
- Configured via the C-Bus installation software
- Dimensions: H = 85mm, W = 72mm, D = 65mm