The Barix Annuncicom Intercom 1000 is a universal, IP based audio device supporting VoIP and Audio over IP applications. The Annuncicom 1000 is an ideal solution for bridging audio and contact closures over LAN and WAN networks. In addition to extending and interfacing traditional paging and intercom systems, such systems can be built without using central intelligence, completely PC free.
The Annuncicom 1000 is part of a whole range of devices from Barix geared towards professional IP Audio solutions. Eight supervised contact closure inputs, eight relay outputs, two serial interfaces (RS-232 and RS-485), professional grade, balanced audio inputs and outputs and dual redundant, 24/48V capable power inputs give the device maximum flexibility for use in high reliability applications.
All devices are programmable using the Barix ABCL environment that includes the source code for a PA/Intercom application. This application can be used as is, or adapted to a customer's specific needs.
Central PA/Intercom software is available from Barix free of charge, along with protocol and API documentation, enabling easy integration into proprietary solutions.
A SIP compatible firmware is available for the devices, so that the components seamlessly integrate with VoIP phone systems, which enables a SIP phone to make announcements to a single station and door intercom functionality (call initiation by Annuncicom). Adding a PBX (SIP Server) enables further functions like group calls and broadcast messaging from attached phones.
- Public address, emergency calls, alarms and paging.
- Paging and audio distribution with speaker circuit control.
- Monitor and control communication (in public buildings, airports, manufacturing facilities, and shopping malls).
- VHF radio control via IP application or SIP phone.
- Live audio distribution over a WAN infrastructure.
- Multi-channel audio distribution via multicast.
- Automatic announcement systems.
Example Connection Layout for Annuncicom 1000
- Transmits voice, alarm messages, contact closures, pre-recorded announcements and music over the network
- For Paging / Intercom communication in commercial and public buildings, e.g. airports, shopping malls and remote facilities such as railway stations
- Communicates over a standard network connection (10/100 Mbit/s) and supports IP standards such as RTP and SIP, VoIP
and MP3 Audio Codecs
|Audio Formats:||MP3 encoding up to 192 kBit VBR, decoding up to 320 kBit (Stereo), G.711(uLaw/aLaw @ 8 or 24 kHz) and PCM (16bit @ 8 or 24 kHz)|
|Discrete Interfaces:||8 supervised Inputs, 8 Relays (dry contacts) 1 Fault Relay output |
|Audio Interfaces:|| Mic In (Balanced, Phantom power) or
Balanced Stereo Line In (configurable), Balanced Stereo Line Out, in / output
level software adjustable|
|Serial Interfaces:||RS-232 DSub 9pin male, 300..115200 Baud,
RS-485 screw terminal block, 300..115200 Baud|
|Control Interfaces:||web server for control and configuration|
|Network Interface:||RJ45 10/100 Mbit Ethernet (Auto), TCP/IP,
UDP, RTP, SIP, DHCP, SNMP, AutoIP, SonicIP, IPzator|
|Misc:||Ten status LEDs, reset/factory default button, Internal temperature sensor|
|Power inputs:||Two independent, level supervised inputs 24 to 48 VDC ±20% (pos. or neg.), 8 Watt max.|
|Case:||Aluminum, 620g, 8.5" x 1.5" x 4.92", 216mm x 38mm x 125mm|
|Operating temperature:|| 0 - 40°Celsius / 32 - 104 Deg. Fahrenheit|
|Operating humidity:|| 0-70% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Certifications:||FCC A, CE A, RoHS compliant (lead free)|