Welcome to the world of Comfort, the Intelligent Home Automation and Security System from Cytech Technology. Comfort is an integrated Security and Home Automation System including a digital answering machine with 8 personal mailboxes. Besides protecting your home and family day and night, Comfort is also easy and fun to use.
- Comfort is a state-of-the art Intruder alarm system which not only warns of burglary and fire, but also lets you listen to your home during alarms, monitors activity of elderly persons, informs you at the office when your children return home, and can call any combination of 8 telephones, Monitoring Stations, or send SMS messages (UCM/GSM required*) depending on which alarm is triggered.
- Comfort talks to you in a clear human voice through the Keypads, any phone in the premises or any outside phone, through a comprehensive Voice menu system.
- Comfort is an advanced digital Answering Machine with up to 8 personal mailboxes which even can call your mobile phone when a new message for your mailbox is recorded.
- Comfort is a practical Home Automation System which allows you to control your lighting, HVAC (home, ventilation, air conditioning) or home or office appliances via telephone, keypad, time program, or when triggered by Events.
- Comfort's Keypads* with one-touch arming keys and short-cut keys make it easy to operate the system, and double as intercoms for communications within the premises.
- Comfort's Door Station* intercom rings your home phones when you are at home, and calls you on your mobile phone when you are away, and can even take a message from visitors.
- Comfort keypads can be used as Baby Monitors.
- Reminder Messages can ring the phone or call your mobile phone to remind you of regular events or even act as an alarm clock.
- Time Programs can automatically switch off lights and appliances or arm the security system or perform many other functions at programmed times.
- Comfort can be controlled from the RC01 handheld remote control* or any universal learning remote control.
- Comfort's Scene Control Switches* can be programmed to activate scenes, e.g Movie, Sleep, Entertain, Study.
- Comfort can be controlled and monitored from your computer on the Local Area Network, RS232 or USB port using the Wiz Comfort software (for Windows) through the Universal Communications Module (UCM) USB, RS232 serial or Ethernet interface.
The Firmware is the Micro-controller program that determines the operation and function of Comfort. The firmware from Comfort II version 5.100 onwards can be changed in order to upgrade the functionality of the firmware when there are new features introduced in Comfort, or to correct errors or bugs in the firmware. Firmware can be upgraded using the UCM and Comfigurator software. When bugs in the firmware have been identified, Cytech will provide new firmware upgrades incorporating changes to eliminate them. Cytech also provides firmware to enhances the functionality of the system or to add more useful features. Firmware upgrades may be available for download from http://www.cytech.biz/downloads.html from time to time. Contact your installer to upgrade the firmware.
Comfort includes a built-in digital answering machine. Messages are stored in non-volatile semiconductor memory which is maintained even if Comfort was switched off and the battery disconnected for several years. Up to 8 mailboxes can be set up for different members of the family, with access using each user's individual user code ensuring privacy for mailboxes. Alternatively, a common mailbox can be set up with all users having access to the common messages by using their own user code. The mailboxes have a combined capacity of 10 minutes of recorded messages, with a maximum of 128 messages.
The answering machine has advanced features not normally found in a stand-alone answering machine, like forwarding of new messages to mobile phones, auto-erase of the oldest saved messages when mailbox is full, recording of internal memo messages to any mailbox, and call screening via keypad.
Comfort is able to ring the home phone and give a chime on the keypads or call telephone to remind you about appointments, to take medicine, watch your favorite TV program or any other events. When you pick up the phone, the reminder message that you recorded previously will be heard. You may also press a key on the keypad when it gives the characteristic Reminder chime tone to hear the message. Up to 8 Reminder Messages can be programmed at a time.
Comfort has Time Programs to perform automatic tasks, including automatic arming at night, automatic disarming, turning off lights and appliances etc. Each Time Program can be programmed for any combination of days of the week and holiday, and at any time of the day. The action performed by each Time Program (Response) is predetermined by your installing engineer and cannot be changed, except by the engineer. You may change the programmed time and days of week, or turn it on or off.
* Additional purchase required
Our integrators and installers can design a package for you to include the control panel programmed to your specification, keypads etc., ready for installation by your security installer or for your own DIY installation. For a custom designed Ready-To-Install package please contact one of our Comfort Approved Installers