The Temperature Sensor is a C-Bus input device that measures the ambient temperature levels and converts this information into: command messages (ON/OFF as in the E5031TS mode); information messages broadcast to a set Group Address; information messages from applied zones with temperature readings (HVAC Mode, use in association with a C-Bus Thermostat); temperature measurement messages (Measurement Mode). These messages are then send across the C-Bus Network. C-Bus output units (relays and dimmers) can be configured to respond to such messages, allowing automatic regulation and control of temperature levels.
The C-Bus Temperature Sensor monitors the surrounding temperature, and can be used to control either heating or air-conditioning equipment in order to maintain a comfortable temperature. The Temperature Sensor continuously monitors ambient temperatures in the range 0°C to 50°C (32 to 122 °F) providing a comparison with the user defined Target temperature. Control instructions are then subsequently issued to output units on the C-Bus Network, controlling heating/cooling equipment as required.
The Temperature Sensor incorporates adjustable hysteresis; so that the installer can define a "dead band" (Margin) in order to compensate for rapid fluctuations in temperature. By allowing a greater temperature variation, the daily number of ON/OFF heating or cooling cycles can be reduced.
The Temperature Sensor also incorporates a selectable Offset temperature of up to 16 °C (60 °F). Energy savings can be realised during periods where the dwelling is unoccupied for example, simply by selecting the Economy mode. The Economy mode can be enabled and disabled by issuing a command from any other C-Bus input unit.
The C-Bus Temperature Digital Sensor is capable of operating in four separate modes of operation. These must be programmed using the C-Bus toolkit software.
- 5031TS ™ allows the unit to monitor temperature and issue C-Bus commands if temperature falls outside user defined margin in the same way as the earlier model C-Bus Temperature Sensor (5031TS) unit.
- 6031TS ™ allows the unit to operate on the Temperature Broadcast application. Sensor information can then be programmed to broadcast messaging across this application.
- HVAC ™ allows the unit to operate on the Air Conditioning application. Sensor information can then be programmed to broadcast messaging across this application. The Air Conditioning application messaging can then be used by the C-Bus thermostat units for temperature control.
- Measurement ™ allows the unit to operate on the Measurement application, where the Temperature Sensor information can be broadcast across the measurement application.
- C-Bus Input Voltage: 15 - 36Vd.c. @ 18mA Nominal
- Resolution: ± 0.5 °C
- Accuracy of +/- 1°C.
- Operating Temperature: 0-50 °C (32 ™ 122 °F)
- Temperature Measurement Range: all modes 0 °C to 50 °C, 32 °F to 122 °F
- Designed to meet Australian and European standards for EMC Compliance and Safety.
- Configured via the C-Bus installation software.