Does NOT support partitions
The KP05 Keypad incorporates a 2 line x 16 character Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), enabling Comfort messages to be displayed. This allows users to see alarms, zones and warning messages without the need to sign-in to listen to the voice menu. The KP05 has a comprehensive voice menu. A key difference between KP05 and non-LCD versions is that the Event Log is displayed as well as announced. The KP05 Keypad also receives Infrared codes from the RC01 handheld remote control or a universal remote control, allowing responses to be activated to control home appliances or act as a hand-held keypad in the same way as the KP02. A feature of the KP05 is its real time display of active zones and alarms. Hence a trouble alarm like "Phone Trouble" will be displayed on the LCD. For Communications Failures, the name of the device will be displayed e.g. "UCM 2", "Keypad 3", "Door Station 1", "Slave 1" instead of the more cryptic Communications Failure ID number. The KP04 includes a speaker and microphone for recording, intercom and voice announcements.Keypad with LCD in white colour ABS/PC plastic with white buttons with IR receiver, internal speaker and microphone. Up to 8 keypads can be used in a system.
Keypads are used to
- Arm and disarm the security system
- Record or hear voice mail messages
- Control Comfort through the Home Control Menu.
- Intercom with other keypads, Door stations, and telephone
- Receive infrared commands from RC01 and other remote controls
- Hear Alarm sounds (sirens)
- Activate short cut functions
- Dimensions: 160 (W) x 89 (H) x 31 (D) mm
- Weight: 177 g
- 2 lines by 16 character LCD
- Power Supply: 12V DC from Comfort System
- Current Consumption: 50 mA idle (without voice)
- Comfort IR codes received: 0 to 127
- Speaker for Voice announcements, intercom and message playback
- Microphone for message recording and Intercom
- Comfort system with firmware version "Outside or Action 4.226" and
The package consists of the following:
- KP05 Keypad
- 2 wall plugs and screws for mounting.
- 3 x 2 way removable terminal blocks
JP1 ™ 12V/COM connector. Connected to 12V/COM on Comfort.
JP2 ™ KA/KB connector. Connected to KA/KB on Comfort.
JP3 ™ VOICE/MIC connector. Connected to KP VOICE/MIC on Comfort.
It is recommended that shielded twisted 4-pair cable be used for the wiring between Comfort and the keypads to avoid interference from mains wiring and electrical appliances from causing noise on the microphone and speaker wires.