The L5508RVF Series units are C-Bus relay-switching devices designed to be mounted in electrical switchboards or similar enclosures. For ease of installation, they are DIN rail mounted, measuring 12 DIN modules wide. Eight independent voltage free relay contacts are provided for general switching applications. The units include all C-Bus Learning features, which allow the units to be programmed without the need for a PC connected to the system. Alternatively, units can be programmed via a PC and the C-Bus Installation software.
The Series includes units complete with 10A rated relays for resistive, inductive or fluorescent loads and separate units complete with relays rated at 10A resistive load and 1A fluorescent load. The units consume no current from the C-Bus network during normal operation.
The Series includes units available both with and without a 200mA C-Bus power supply for powering other C-Bus devices connected to the network (e.g., C-Bus Key Input Switches, Touchscreens, PIR detectors, etc). C-Bus connections are conveniently achieved at the unit through the use of RJ45 connectors, allowing similar units to be quickly looped together.
This Series of C-Bus units is capable of generating a C-Bus clock signal and providing a C-Bus network burden. Both the clock signal and the burden are selectable through the C-Bus Installation software. Local toggle buttons are included to allow individual channels to be toggled at each unit, as well as via C-Bus commands. Remote ON and OFF facilities are available, permitting all channels to be turned ON or OFF without C-Bus network communication. The unit optically isolates the mains power from the safe extra low voltage C-Bus network.
LED Indicators are provided to show the status of the C-Bus Network and the status of the unit. Like all the other units that make up a C-Bus system, the DIN rail C-Bus units are Australian designed, developed and manufactured by Clipsal Integrated Systems Pty Ltd.
- Provides 8 independent voltage free relay contacts in an 12M wide DIN rail enclosure.
- 50Hz or 60Hz operation.
- Units available with 10A rated relays (resistive, inductive or fluorescent loads) and separate units with relays rated at 10A resistive and 1A fluorescent.
- Units available both with and without a 200mA C-Bus power supply on-board.
- Up to 100 units without power supply or 10 units with power supply are permitted on any one single C-Bus network (255 networks available in a C-Bus installation).
- Configured via either the C-Bus Installation Software or via the Learn Enabled Features.
- Local ON/OFF toggle buttons allow individual channels to be manually overridden at each unit.
- Remote ON and OFF facilities permit all channels to be turned ON or OFF without C-Bus network communication.
- The C-Bus side and output stages are electrically isolated.
- Incorporates C-Bus Network Status, Mains Power Status, and Load Status indicators.
- Capable of generating a C-Bus clock signal if enabled.
- A network burden is incorporated and is software selectable.
- Logic states (and,or) configurable via installation software.
- Relay interlocking feature selectable via installation software.
- Incorporates power recovery options to restore loads 'as was', 'off' or 'on'.
- 2 x RJ45 sockets are incorporated to facilitate the C-Bus connection.
- Supplied with a 300mm C-Bus Category 5 patch lead complete with pre-terminated RJ45 connectors.
- The output terminals accommodate 2 x 1.5mm² or 1 x 4.0mm² cable.
- EMC Compliant to meet the requirements for marking with the CE and RCM marks.
- Incorporate magnetically latching relays.
- Capable of being programmed via the installation software without the need for a mains connection.
- Draws 18mA when being programmed and no mains connection is made.
- When a mains connection is made, then the unit does not draw any current from C-Bus.
- Dimensions: W=215mm, H=85mm, D=65mm.
- Weight: 600g.