The Comfort LGX01 Home Automation Logic Engine is a programmable automation controller which can receive inputs from many different sources and act logically on the information.
In addition to its own logic functionality, the LGX01 has interfaces to all the major home automation systems such as C-Bus, Crestron, KNX, Lutron, Modbus, Z-Wave and others via a range of Universal Communications Modules (UCM) modules.
A plug-in Ethernet interface UCM/ETH03 allows access through the Comfort Android and iOS apps to control any automation function in the LGX01 as well as programming by the Comfigurator (Comfort configuration) software tool.
The LGX01 has 8 inputs and 8 outputs expandable to 96 I/Os. 32 Time Programs allow for the scheduling of automation responses.
Inputs can be connected to switches, motions sensors or current sensors, and each input's On and Off state change can be used to trigger an automation response.
Each of the open-collector outputs can be used to drive relays or send infrared signals to IR emitters to control appliances like heating, air conditioners and AV equipment.
A wide range of interface modules include IRIO (Intelligent Remote Input/Output) modules, Temperature Sensor Modules TSM01, and UCM interfaces to C-Bus, KNX, Z-wave etc.
|File System Memory (U4)||File System 36 (256 k)|
|Maximum No. of Inputs||96|
|Maximum No. of Outputs||96|
|Control Menu Groups||8|
|Control Devices per Group||10|
|Control Actions per Device||10|
|Commands on Home Control Menu||800|
|Sunrise/Sunset times, Daylight saving||Yes|
|User Sign-in Codes||16|
|IR Code Memory (Send)||8192 bytes (typ 250 codes)|
|Codes per Response||8|
|IR Receive Codes||128|
|Comfort Protocol by RS232, Ethernet etc.||Yes|
|SEM01 (slave expansions)||5|
|RIO01 (remote I/Os)||15|
- 8 Inputs are expandable to 16 with Local Expansion Modules (LEM) and 96 with Slave Expansion Modules (SEMs).
- Surge/Over voltage protection for each zone
- OP03 submodule with 8 open collector outputs on main board, expandable to 16 with Local Expansion Modules, and 96 with Slave Expansion Modules. The OP03 is supplied with the LGX01.
- Each output can drive external relays or infrared emitters for Infrared remote control.
- Programmable Pulsed or Latched output activation.
- Infrared codes can be sent to any output.
- Maximum combined output current of 600 mA for all 8 outputs, 150 mA max for any one output.
- Over voltage and surge-protected outputs.
- Plug in LAN Interface Ethernet or USB submodule for Comfigurator programming or iOS/Android Apps. (the submodules are not included and must be ordered separately.) This means that a separate UCM is not necessary.
- Wall Mounted Universal Power Supply 90 to 264 VAC Input, 12VDC 1 Amp output with EU or UK plug.
Auxiliary Supply Outputs
- 12V unswitched output for powering external devices and RS485 modules.
- 12V programmable switched supply. (S12V)
- Note: Both switched and unswitched auxiliary supplies and 8 outputs have a combined continuous current limit of 1A.
- Nonvolatile memory maintains configuration during total removal of power.
- Time Synchronisation with Internet Time servers via ETH03 (optional).
- 32 Time Programs.
- 1024 Programmable Responses with If/Then/Else conditions. Comfigurators Response wizard allows programming of Responses for any application.
- 64 User-programmable timers for programming.
- Sunrise/Sunset times depending on location or city with automatic Daylight Saving time change.
- Control Menu for Comfort iOS/Android apps with 8 control groups, each group with 10 control keys, each control key with 10 actions.
LGX01 is a Bus master on an RS485 Bus. This allows any LGX01 module to be installed in the network including UCM/KNX, UCM/CBUS, UCM/Zwave, UCM/USB, UCM/ETH03, UCM/Universal, IRIO, HIO, TSM.