The Comfort Slave Expansion Module (SEM) allows Comfort II to be expanded beyond 16 Inputs and 16 Outputs. Each Slave contains 8 inputs and 8 outputs, which can be expanded by connecting LEM01-M2
(8 inputs, 8 outputs) or LEM02-M2
For the SEM01-M2 supplied in the standard metal enclosure look at product code SEP01-M2 or for a larger enclosure size SEP01-M2/EN03.
The SEM01-M2 has a built-in regulated power supply and is the same size as the main Comfort panel. For a slave without the regulated power supply look at SEM02-M2. Other than the physical size and input power requirements, the function of SEM01-M2 and SEM02-M2 are the same.
- 8 fully programmable zones expandable to 16 with Local Expansion Module(s) (LEM)
- Each zone configurable for 0 or 2 end-of-line resistors
- Up to 32 predefined Zone types to simplify zone configuration
- Surge/Over voltage protection for each zone
- 8 open collector outputs on main board, expandable to 16 with Expansion module(s).
- Each output can drive an external relay or infrared transmitter for remote control appliances.
- Selectable Pulsed or Steady output activation.
- Programmable Infrared signals (air conditioners, home entertainment, etc.) at any output.
- Over voltage and Surge-protected outputs.
- Maximum 300 mA current limit for all 8 outputs on SEM. 300mA current limit for all 8 outputs on LEM01-M2s
- SEM01-M2 has a built-in regulated 13.8V voltage supply and battery charging circuit. Supplies 1A DC max to 12V, S12V and outputs combined.
- 12V and S12 outputs are protected by a resettable fuse 1.8A
- Quiescent current 50 mA max, 25 mA typical (14V DC supply)
Auxiliary Supply Outputs
- 12V unswitched supply
- S12V switchable supply (programmable for reset operation)
- Note: Both 12V and S12V auxiliary supplies and 8 Outputs have a combined continuous current limit of 1A, protected by a common resettable fuse of 1.3A
- Individual Zone tamper (open-circuit or short-wiring) with 2 end of line resistors
- Dedicated 24 hour Tamper input
Each Slave Expansion Module can be expanded using one of the Local Expansion Modules
- LEM02 - Local Expansion Module 8+0 (8 zones, 0 outputs)
- LEM01 - Local Expansion Module 8+8 (8 zones, 8 outputs)
- LEM03 cannot be used with SEM01 or SEM02
Each Slave can support a total of 16 inputs and 16 outputs. 3 SEMs can be installed in a Comfort System, giving a system capacity of 64 inputs and outputs. The LEM03 (16 input 0 Output LEM) cannot be used with a SEM, and cannot be connected to the main Comfort panel when a SEM is also installed.
SEM01-M2: 230 x 130 mm.
- Siren (12V) Output
- Speaker output for Internal speaker 8 ohm to 32 Ohms - From firmware SEM 5.167
- Strobe (12V) Output - From firmware SEM 5.167