The Comfort system supports integration to Z-Wave devices via the UCM/Z-Wave3 module. The UCM/Z-Wave3 provides a two way connection to the Z-Wave network, enabling control of Z-Wave devices, providing the following benefits:
- telecontrol and status monitoring through any telephone inside or outside the premises to control devices on the Z-Wave Network
- allows control from Comfort's keypads.
- allows control by Time Programs.
- allows alarm inputs and alarm conditions to be linked to Z-Wave switches for integration of alarm and lighting.
- Allows Z-wave Switches and remote controls to control Comfort by mapping to Counters, Sensors, Outputs, Responses, Virtual Inputs, Arm Security, Panic (New to UCM/Zwave3).
- Allows Z-wave sensors (Sensor Class) to update Comfort Sensors and trigger Responses
The UCM/Zwave is a two-way interface i.e. it allows Comfort to send commands to the Zwave network,(up to 232 addresses), and also gets feedback on the state of Z-wave devices it controls and is able to associate with buttons on the Z-Wave remote control and other controllers. The UCM/Zwave3 is the 3rd generation of Comfort's Z-wave interface.
- Size 108 x 88 mm baseboard with 72 x 44 mm daughter board
- Power Supply: 12V 30 mA (supplied from Comfort)
- Frequency 868.4 MHz (European Frequency band)
- Sends commands to Z-Wave network and receives commands and status from Z-Wave network which can be mapped to Counters, Sensors, Outputs, Responses, Virtual Inputs, Arm Security, and Panic.
Supports multichannel devices (like MK Astral)
- UCM/Zwave is a Secondary Bridge Controller in the Z-Wave network
- Supports Z-Wave Basic, Multichannel, and Sensor Classes (future).
- Optionally Polls for status from Z-Wave according to poll time.
UCM/Zwave3 consists of the following:
- UCM/Z-Wave Module with firmware version "ZWave 6.019" or above.
- 900 MHz antenna with MMCX connector
- 4 way white cable assembly
- UCM/Zwave 6.019 and above
- Comfort II Ultra firmware 6.011 and above
- UCM 6.012 and above with RS232, Ethernet or USB interface to PC. Comfigurator version 3.4.3 and above. Comfigurator 3.5.0 is required to make use of the new features in UCM/Zwave 6.023 and above.