The UCM/GSM(4G) is the replacement for UCM/GSM(3G) which supports 4G or LTE Networks. The same firmware GSM 7.164 and above supports 3G and 4G. Note that the UCM/4G does NOT support VoLTE (Voice Over LTE), and it uses the 4G network to make Voice Calls.
This gives Comfort the following features:
- Acts as a backup for alarm dial-out when the land line is faulty. Alternatively, it can be used as the primary dialler without a fixed telephone line, for installations where a telephone line is not available.
- Allows the user to dial to the GSM number instead of the fixed telephone line to access Comfort Voice menus.
- Allows Comfort to report alarms via SMS (Short Message Service). The SMS message will show time stamp, alarm type and Zone or User name.
- Allows authorised Mobile phones to send commands to or check the status of appliances and the security system via SMS. Each phone can be independently authorised to arm, disarm, and access automation control.
In order for the UCM/GSM4(4G) to be used, there must be a 4G network in the area. It is not compatible with 2G or 3G networks.
The UCM/GSM4(4G) requires a Nano SIM card to be inserted, just like with a cellular phone. This can be a prepaid card, or one which is billed monthly according to a usage plan.
New Features in UCM/GSM4(4G)
- DTMF Key Detected messages by UCM/4G. This means better DTMF detection by the GSM Module itself compared to Comfort's DTMF detection.
- Real Time Clock update by Internet Time Server (SNTP service) (see http://www.comfortforums.com/forum48/5423.html)
- Dual Antennas on the GSM submodule allow better reception
- Send SMS or Voice calls to Mobile Phones for any alarm
- Dial to Central Monitoring Stations when alarms occur
- Receive SMS from authorised phones to control Security and appliances
- Allow Phone calls from phones to access the Comfort Voice Menu
- PCB Size: 108 x 88 mm
- Power Supply (from Comfort): 12V 50 mA (idle), 250 mA (transmit)
- Operating Temperature: 0-55°C
- Network: 4G only
- SIM Card Interface: - 3V/1.8V
- Relative Humidity: < 95 % RH non condensing
- U2 EEPROM 24LC256 (256 K Bits)
The following equipment is required:
Comfort II with firmware version 7.036 or higher. Not compatible with Comfort 1.
Comfigurator version 3.7.5 and above.
UCM/GSM4 Firmware 7.xxx and above.
A Nano SIM card must be used in the GSM Module. This may be a prepaid card or one which is billed monthly as part of a service plan. However, it is not advisable to use a prepaid card as the user would not know when the amount remaining has been used up.
The Nano SIM card or plan must allow sending of SMS.
If incoming SMS commands are to be accepted, then Caller ID must be
enabled. This may incur an additional charge.
The SIM card must not be PIN protected.
The SIM card will come with a telephone number. Use this number to dial to the system via the GSM module.
The UCM/GSM4(4G) package contains the following*:
- UCM/GSM4(4G) module
- 5-way audio cable
NB The plug-in submodule may contain GSM modules from different manufacturers due to availability, but all have the same functionality.
Subject to change without prior notice