The C-Bus DIN Rail Series Dimmers are C-Bus output units suitable for dimming incandescent & low voltage lighting. For ease of installation the units are DIN rail mounted. All units in the series incorporate the C-Bus 'Learn Mode' feature. Learn mode allows the units to be programmed without the need for a PC connected to the system. Alternatively, the units can be programmed via a PC using the installation software.
The dimmers feature eight leading edge phase controlled dimming channels. Each channel has a load rating of 1 Amp, capable of controlling incandescent lighting and low voltage lighting (utilizing iron-core transformers and electronic transformers compatible with leading edge dimmers). C-Bus connections are conveniently achieved at the unit through the use of RJ45 connectors, allowing similar units to be quickly looped together.
Two variants of the product are available. One incorporates a 200mA C-Bus power supply used to source current to the C-Bus network. The other is an economical model with the same features and performance, but does not include the 200mA power supply.
- Provides eight leading edge phase controlled dimming channels in a 12M wide DIN rail enclosure.
- 50Hz or 60Hz operation.
- Load rating of 8 channels x 1A (230W per channel).
- A special algorithm ensures that lights do not flicker due to signal injections on the mains.
- Each channel incorporates thermal overload and overcurrent protection.
- Incorporates a linear brightness control, which ensures the change in brightness is uniform throughout the control range.
- Incorporates a Soft Turn ON and Soft Turn OFF feature, providing a soft change in brightness.
- Units available both with and without an inbuilt 200mA C-Bus power supply.
- Local ON/OFF toggle buttons allow individual channels to be manually overridden at each unit. Remote ON and OFF facility permits all channels to be turned ON or OFF without C-Bus network communication.
- Incorporates C-Bus Network Status,Mains Power Status and Load Status indicators.
- Capable of generating a C-Bus clock signal if enabled.
- A network burden is incorporated and is software selectable.
- Designed to meet European standards for EMC Compliance and Safety.
- An inbuilt non-volatile memory retains programmed information relating to the current operating status of the unit in the event of a power failure.
- Communication with other C-Bus devices and the supply voltage is obtained via a single C-Bus twisted pair cable.
- CE Compliant